Writings From Outside the Circle

A place where the thoughts that populate my mind can flow into the outside world...

Friday, November 04, 2005

Reflections on the first day of blogging

Well, it looks like another day is headed for the history books. This is actually later than when I usually try to go to sleep, so it makes sense that I'll be headed for bed very shortly.

Looking back, I'm not sure what it is that made me decide to start a blog today. I do know, however, that my enthusiasm for the concept has grown in the few hours that it's been since I got this blog up and running. I'm now starting to realize that, regardless of whether anyone else sees it, I can use this blog as a tool for reflection and organizing my thoughts. That is, of course, as long as I don't lapse into laziness and fail to update it from time to time.

As I was driving home from a friend's house a little while ago, I was thinking about how, in a lot of ways, writing for this blog reminds me of an ongoing assignment I had for a state and local government class I took six years ago. The ongoing assignment entailed keeping a daily journal of what we did in that class (this was during the summer, by the way), with the idea of it serving as a method of organizing our thoughts. I seem to remember that keeping a journal like that did help me reminder what we covered in class, and it did serve me in the long run. If I persist in my efforts to keep this blog up to date, I have a feeling that this corner of cyberspace that I've claimed for myself will help me in a lot of ways. It will help me keep track of thoughts and ideas that traverse my mind and will likely serve as a good reference for me in times of searching for inspiration.

All right...my eyelids are starting to get heavy, so I'd better crash. I'm glad that today is Friday, and that two days of relaxation (I hope) will follow. The only thing that I have to do is to interview the owner of that custom motorcycle shop owner in Volga tomorrow morning at 9. That should make for a good feature story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home