Writings From Outside the Circle

A place where the thoughts that populate my mind can flow into the outside world...

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Birthday

It's hard to believe that I'm 28 years old today. Where has all the time gone? At this point, I'm not sure if the time has gone by quickly or if it's gone slowly. I suppose that it feels like it's taken a long time to get to this point, but maybe time will seem to speed up as I continue with my life. As my editor said once during a discussion, time speeds up as you age.

Looking back, I guess a lot has happened in the past 28 years. For instance, while I was having lunch with my dad about an hour ago, he talked about how 28 years ago today, I was at the University of Minnesota medical center being treated for a collapsed lung that I had suffered shortly after a birth. Other than that, there have certainly been many milestones during my journey from infancy to young adulthood. Surely among those were graduating from high school, graduating from college and getting my master's degree, and surviving leukemia and bone marrow transplant. I certainly remember all the work that those things took to achieve, but it may not be until some point later in my life when I'll develop a full appreciation of all that I've done. It's probably one of those deals where you can't "see the forest for the trees;" it's hard to see the big picture and the impact of things when you're in the thick of something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home